VCBW Opening Night presented by The Georgia StraightFriday May 26, 20176pm - 10pmRoundhouse
Join us to raise a glass as Vancouver Craft Beer Week kicks off it’s 8th fantastic year, and celebrate The Georgia Straight’s 50th Anniversary with Music, Food, Beer and Art at the Roundhouse!
Your $49 ticket includes 15 4oz drink tickets, live entertainment from VCBW favourite Mark Woodyard (who’s flying in from the UK just for VCBW), and a sample of Rocky Point Ice Cream’s VCBW 2017 Collaboration Beer Ice Cream! Meet2Eat food truck will be onsite, and breweries include Yellow Dog, Twin Sails, Moody Ales, The Parkside, VIB, Dogwood, Back Country, Andina, Strathcona, A Frame, Main Street, Riot, Doans, Luppolo, Bomber, Trading Post, Powell St, and Red Truck, with cider from our friends at Howling Moon.
Get your tickets soon – VCBW’s 8th Annual Opening Night presented by The Georgia Straight is set to be the best kick-off yet!$49
Collaboration Tap TakeoverSaturday May 27, 2017noon - 5pmBig Rock Urban Brewery & Eatery
Celebrate Vancouver Craft Beer Week at Big Rock Urban Eatery with the second annual Big Rock/VCBW Collaboration Tap Takeover! Join us on Saturday May 27th from 12PM – 5PM and sample collaboration brews from many of your favourite local breweries. Try them all and vote for your favourite! Your ticket includes a sample of each beer, live entertainment, beer-inspired canapés, and free brewery tours.
What a beer list! We’ll be pouring the below collaborations – get your ticket soon so you don’t miss out!
- Brewers Row/VCBW: Hazy Pale
- Big Rock and Strathcona: Dry-Hopped IPA
- Dogwood and Callister: Rye Saison
- Luppolo and Four Winds: Wild Farmhouse Ale
- Ravens and Faculty: Belgian ISA w/Habaneros
- Powell and Strange Fellows: Kotbusser
- Deep Cove and Bomber: Mexican-style Vienna Lager
- Bridge and Doans: Belgian-style Rye Wit
- Persephone and Ethical Bean: Coffee & Rye IPA
- Red Racer and NWT Brewing Co: Grisette
- Twins Sails and Boom Box: Double IPA
- International Womens Day Collab (11 breweries!): Golden Honey Ale
- Field House and Steel & Oak: Wild Currant Sour Ale
- Hearthstone and Mission Springs: White Mango IPA
- Beau’s and Red Racer: Peach and Spruce Tip Pale Ale
Brewers Row Block PartySunday May 28, 2017noon - 5pmThe Parkside Brewery (parking lot)
Brewers Row Block Party is going down May 28th!!
Join us for the first ever Tri Cities Vancouver Craft Beer Week event.
Brewers Row began in 2014 and these 4 amigos enjoy a good time together. Mix in the fine folks at VCBW, it only made sense to collaborate on their official beer and an awesome block party on Murray St.
Sunday May 28th 12-5 PM there will be Live Music, Food Trucks, 16 beers on tap and good times galore. Your $25 ticket includes entry an a 12oz beer. Friends, Neighbours and Great Beer.$25
Feats of StrengthSunday May 28, 20174pm - 10pmThe Cobalt
Vancouver’s Brewers have long been known for their ridiculous strength, and of course, for their strength in the ridiculous. Join us at the The Cobalt and watch Brewers, Cellarmen/women, Barkeeps and Plain-Old-Full-Time-Strong-Folk, compete in Push Up Competitions, Phonebook/The Growler tearing, Keg Stacking, and possible, but not guaranteed, shirtless-totem-poling. But why should brewers have all the fun???? Test your strength too, while you sample Copper & Theory’s hand picked, outrageously decadent, somewhat nerd-tacular beer list, and laugh….er we mean revel in the glory of, spectacular FEATS OF STRENGTH.
Your ticket includes entrance, a chance to win a bunch of stuff. The beer list includes beer from Four Winds Brewing Co., Gigantic Brewing Company, Ninkasi Brewing, Brassneck Brewery, Steel & Oak Brewing Co., SuperFlux Beer Co., Yellow Dog Brewing, Doan’s Craft Brewing Company, Parallel 49 Brewing Company, Strange Fellows Brewing, Bridge Brewing Company, Breakside Brewery, Dageraad Brewing, Powell Street Craft Brewery and Moody Ales. Tickets are $10 in advance, $20 at the door!$10
BierCraft Belgian ShowcaseMonday May 29, 20176:30pm - 11:00pmBierCraft Cambie
A VCBW annual tradition, the Belgian Beer Showcase at BierCraft Bistro is a celebration of the great craft brewing tradition of Belgium.
This event features a wide cross section of Belgian beer styles from the old world and the new. Abbey ales, Trappistes, saisons, strong blondes, strong darks, Flemish reds. The list goes on. So grab a glass and enjoy a journey of the palette and the history of beer itself.
A sampling of some of the beers you’ll enjoy:
- St. Bernardus ABT 12
- Chimay Blanc
- Chimay Rouge
- Gouden Carolus
- Duchesse de Bourgogne
- Tilquin Gueze
- Super Secret Sour from Yellow Dog
- Coup De Foudre from Strangefellows
- Brett & Barley from Bomber
From the Bottle:
- Tripel Karmeliet
- Fruli Strawberry
- The Commons
- Gulden Draak
This event includes food and 15 beer samples! The legendary Poutine bar is back! All the fixin’s. (vegetarian friendly options available)
Forbidden FruitTuesday May 30, 20175pm - 10pmDevil's Elbow
An evening featuring Fruit Beers, Fruit Wheat Beers, Belgians, and Sours from 20+ BC Craft Breweries!
An homage to the extremely popular Portland Fruit Beer Festival, Forbidden Fruit invites you to try these unique beers BC style at the Devil’s Elbow on Beatty St. in Crosstown, Vancouver.
Every Spring & Summer, BC craft breweries bring unique flavour profiles to their traditional ales, and this event provides the opportunity to try the best examples of these beers under one roof!
Your $40 ticket includes 8 x four ounce tasters of beer as well as tapas-style food throughout the evening.
What will you be sipping at Forbidden Fruit?
- Off the Rail – Passionfruit Hefeweizen
- Powell Street – Raspberry Saison
- Field House – Light Sour
- Moon Under Water – Mango Copper Kettle Sour
- Trading Post – Raspberry Wheat Ale
- Andina – Maraca Passionfruit Black IPA
- Townsite – Sour 7800 Saison
- Moody Ales – Raspberry Pineapple Hefe
- Twin Sails – Blueberry Yum Yum
- Postmark – Raspberry Session Ale
- Strathcona – ‘Strathcona Beach’ Lemon Mandarin Radler
- Strange Fellows – ‘Penelope The Tart’ Sour Grisette
- Bridge Brewing – Lemon Gin Saison
- Steel & Oak – ‘Roselle’ Rosehips Hibiscus Wheat Ale
- Faculty – Pear Sourweisse
- Luppolo – Brett Saison with Fig
- Callister – Surprise Fruit Hastings Sunrise Wheat
- Yellow Dog – Super Secret Sour White
- Parkside – ‘Fuzzy Wuzzy’ Peach IPA
- Brassneck – ‘Touchy Feely’ Brett Brux Sour Pale Ale
- Howe Sound – Jam Session Raspberry Cream Ale
- R & B Brewing – White Pear IPA
Rose City RampageWednesday May 31, 20176pm - 10pmPortland Craft
Join us at Portland Craft for our 5th Anniversary of bringing the best beers of Portland Oregon to Vancouver. This is your chance to try some one of a kind brews without having to deal with the border line ups or the I-5 traffic. Come and chat with the brewers and owners of some of the most exciting breweries the Rose city has to offer.
This year’s breweries are confirmed as:
- Reverand Nats Hopricot Cider
- Reverand Nats Revival Cider
- Boneyard/3 Floyds Armoured Fist Imperial CDA
- Boneyard Notorious Triple IPA
- Breakside Flagship IPA
- Breakside Rainbows & Unicorns IPA
- Upright Engleberg Pilsner
- Upright Kopstootje
- Laurelwood Raspberry Wheat Ale
- Laurelwood Pale Project 32
- Occidental Hefeweizen
- Occidental Helles Lager
- Deschutes Swivel Head India Red Ale
- Deschutes Passionfruit IPA
- Hopworks/Patagonia Long Root Pale Ale
- Hopworks Ferocious IPA
Your $60 ticket includes 16 beer samples and food. We expect an amazing line up again this year so make sure to get your tickets early!$60
IP-HAZY Whole Hog Cookout + Crawfish BoilThursday June 1, 20176pm - 9pmLamplighter
Lamplighter invites you to experience the biggest food & beer event of VCBW 2017. Their first ever Whole Hog Cookout + Crawfish Boil. They’ll be spinning a full pig on the patio while they boil up a massive pot of spicy & seasoned crawfish & veg. While you feast you can sample the Haziest selection of IPAs available. From un-filtered NWPA to Milkshake brews – the theme of the night is IP-HAZY. $49 Ticket includes admission, Pig & Crawfish plate with fixins, 3 Hazy IPA drink tickets, and 1 Raffle ticket for the door prize!$49
VMF Meets VCBWFriday June 2, 20177pm - 11pmVancouver Mural Festival HQ
Join VBCW and the Vancouver Mural Festival to celebrate Vancouver’s art and beer scenes in their gallery and HQ! With local craft beer and djs this mixer will be a window in to where the magic is made, behind the scenes at VCBW and Mural Fest. Tickets are extremely limited for this event so be sure to get yours early to avoid missing out!$20
The VCBW FestivalSaturday June 3, 2017 Sunday June 4, 20171pm - 6pmThe Fair at the PNE
The 8th annual VCBW Festival, Western Canada’s biggest and best craft-only beer fest is back!
Join us at the historic PNE Fairgrounds on June 3rd and 4th, from 1pm – 6pm, where you’ll find over 100 craft breweries and cideries pouring 300+ beer and ciders.
In addition to the biggest selection of craft beer and cider in one place, the VCBW Festival also features art installations, live music, deejays, food trucks, market stalls, brewing demonstrations, and a games area with pinball and foos ball, a pop up barber shop and more!
Join us and bring your friends to experience Vancouver’s “Best Beer Event” (Georgia Straight Golden Plates, 2013 – 2017) and the “Social Event of the Year” (2016 Golden Owl Awards) – get your tickets today before they are all gone!
Tickets are $39.99 and include 2 drink tokens (more can be purchased for $1.50 each) and a 4oz souvenir taster mug.$39.99
EVENTS vcbw_admin 2017-05-25T16:52:27+00:00