Lindsay William-Ross, Senior Writer at Vancouver Is Awesome, goes deep into everything cider during Vancouver Craft Beer Week.
Something’s been brewing lately around British Columbia…and it’s not beer. Cider, made with local apples, pears, and other delicious fruits and flavours, is a booming biz in B.C. and for those who love it, Vancouver Craft Beer Week is a must-do
When: Wednesday, May 30 from 6 to 10 pm
Where: Storm Crow Alehouse – 1619 West Broadway, Vancouver
Cost: Free entry, just buy your food and drink
But the big draw is definitely the VCBW Festival. The two-day tasting event at the PNE grounds will not only star dozens and dozens of Canadian and U.S. brewers, but also boast a dedicated area for cider: The B.C. Farm Crafted Cider Association’s cider row will have 10 cideries pouring 16 different ciders.
At Merridale Cidery (Lindsay William-Ross/Vancouver Is Awesome)
Pouring at the VCBW Festival:
- 33 Acres of Brewing (Vancouver): 33 ACRES OF CID3R
- Dominion Cider Co. (Summerland): No pouring list available
- Howling Moon Craft Cider (Oliver): Cucumber Mint, Revival (Semi-Dry), Revolution (Dry)
- Left Field Cider Co. (TK): Big Dry (Dry Apple)
- Merridale Cidery & Distillery (Cobble Hill): House Dry (Semi-Dry), Jalisco (Apple Lime), Merri Berri (Black current, sour cherry, raspberry), Mo’Moro (Dry Hopped Blood Orange)
- Nomad Handcrafted Cider (Summerland): The Original (Apple)
- Scenic Road Cider Co. (Kelowna): Nearly Dry (Apple), Razz (Apple-raspberry)
- Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse (Saanichton): Kings & Spies (Off-dry heirloom apple)
- Summerland Heritage Cider Co. (Summerland): Gose-Style Cider
- Tod Creek Craft Cider (Victoria): Mala-Hop (triple-hopped cider)Lindsay William-Ross/Vancouver Is Awesome
Beyond the cider (and beer!), the VCBW Festival will have a kick-ass line-up of food trucks and vendors each day, plus live DJs and music, live interactive painting with the Vancouver Mural Festival, a lounge and games area, flower crown making, and the chance to meet and mingle with like-minded enthusiasts and brewers.
Tickets are still available for one or both days of the VCBW Festival, including VIP experiences. Please note, this is a 19+ event ONLY.
When: June 2 and 3, 2018
Where: PNE Grounds – 2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
Cost: Passes $55-130, available online
READ THE FULL STORY AT VANCOUVER IS AWESOME