Is Vancouver Craft Beer Week/the VCBW Festival happening this summer or being postponed?
POSTPONED! We are postponing until we can confirm new dates in the future, when we can be sure that large gatherings are healthy for everyone.
Will tickets purchased for the postponed VCBW festival dates be valid for the new rescheduled dates?
Absolutely. All tickets will be honoured for the new dates.
When will you announce new dates for the VCBW Festival?
As soon as we’re able! We are closely monitoring the current situation with COVID-19 – know that the health and safety of our attendees, staff and partners is of utmost importance, and we will not hold our festival until it is safe for everyone to gather together again.
Will the VCBW festival still be held at Concord Community Park?
Yes! We are very excited to bring our festival to a central location in Vancouver with access to so many transit options.
Why did you make the decision to postpone the VCBW festival into 2021?
We want to give ourselves adequate time to adapt to the current climate and implement more precautionary measures as recommended by our health ministers. Knowing that our supporters, staff, volunteers, partners and vendors are safe is our highest priority.
Can I get a refund?
As we are not cancelling the VCBW Festival, we ask that refunds are not requested at this time – all current tickets will be honoured for the festival’s new dates. Our policy has always been no refunds, but as this an unprecedented situation beyond anyone’s control, we realize that some may not be able to attend on the new dates. When we announce our new dates and tickets go on sale, if you are unable to attend, we will have an option to refund tickets through point of purchase.
Will there still be events leading up to the VCBW Festival?
Absolutely! We will make a decision regarding programming for citywide events closer to festival, once new dates have been announced.
How will this affect your annual collaboration beer release?
Our annual collaboration beer was scheduled to start brewing on March 20. We decided it was in the best interest of the hosting brewery and everyone involved that we postpone. We have three great breweries collaborating this year, and a wonderfully deserving beneficiary that we want to give them the best opportunity we can to raise money for their cause. We will be postponing our VCBW Collaboration Beer release to coincide with the new VCBW Festival dates. Stay tuned!